How we use your personal information
- Create and administer your Mash Wallet & Account;
- Enhance your product experiences with Mash and Mash enabled experiences;
- Verify your identity in accordance with applicable know-your-customer, money-laundering and other financial sector legislation or regulations;
- Analyze your website usage, app usage and improve our related offerings;
- Provide performance details to Mash partner sites that you engage with
- Help us respond to your customer Service requests and support needs.
- Contact you about Mash Services. The email address you provide may be used to communicate information and updates related to your use of Mash Services
Types of information we collect
- Contact information, such as name, home address and email address;
- Account information, such as username, password, settings, preferences, social links, bitcoin & lightning related links;
- Identity verification information, such as images of your government-issued ID, passport, national ID card or driving licence. Residence verification information, such as utility bill details or similar information;
- Information regarding the way in which you use our Services, such as when you used our Services, and the specific Services used; and
- Information relating to communications with us, whether through the Mash website or via e-mail, over the phone or via any other medium.
We also automatically collect certain computer, device and browsing information when you access Mash on our website, our wallet apps, extensions or integrated experiences. This information is aggregated to provide statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not personally identify individuals. This information may include: Computer or mobile device information, IP address, operating system, network system, browser type and settings, location, interests, usage information.
Finally, we may collect Personal Data from third-party partners and public sources, which include: Business activities of partners, business customers.
We need to collect certain types of information for compliance with legal requirements relating to our anti-fraud/anti-money-laundering/counter-financing-of-terrorism/know-your-customer obligations. If this information is not provided we may not be able to provide a Service for you. This is an inline link. Your Personal Data may also be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defense of legal claims. We will not delete Personal Data if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
Disclosures to legal authorities
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights in relation to their personal information, subject to limited exceptions. For personal information collected by us during the preceding 12 months that is not otherwise subject to an exception, California residents have the right to access and delete their personal information.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information from us regarding our information-sharing practices with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To the extent that we share your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may receive the following information: (1) the categories of information and sources of information that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding year; and (2) the names and address information of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, the examples of the products or services marketed.
To the extent that Mash sells your personal information to third parties, you also have the right to request that we disclose to you: (i) the categories of your personal information that we sold, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold. You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information.
California residents may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to access or delete on your behalf. Your authorized agent must submit proof that you have provided them with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 through 4465. We may deny a request from a purported authorized agent who does not provide proof of authorization to act on your behalf